Thinking about how much first impressions make or break the path on our business endeavors can defiantly make things challenging. In our modern day of social media with Facebook and LinkedIn, online businesses and web wide personal branding, a well done headshot can be a modern firm grip for our first handshake.
Publicly representing yourself with a well chosen headshot can make the right first impression and set the stage and tone for who you are and the main vision of your business. It is important that your image represents you and your vibe. You are in luck when it comes to modern portraits. Photos can truly represent you and show off the professional and personable individual you are.
My studio is unique in the sense that I can perform a wide variety of photography in one beautiful space. With a large collection of backdrops and lighting tools I can always find the best combination to suite you and your business needs.
Take a look at these tips to make the most of your portrait session.
- Even looking for serious portraits we can have fun. Images with a variety if laughing photos along with serious versions may surprise you on what you think you are looking for.
- Editing techniques will not be over used! Images will be enhanced and softened I want you to look your best naturally!
- Hair and make-up services is defiantly worth the investment. Just as the photographer is trained to capture only the best of you, so is the makeup artist. They are trained to highlight your best features and communicating with the photographer before the shoot. Select dates for this service are provided in studio.
- Lighting is key in any studio portrait. We will use a variety of settings to provide a variety of looks.
- Because I am a big fan of variety we will shoot horizontally as well as vertically. This gives you options for web and social media use which often call for different formatting.
- For the most part we will use simple backdrops that focus on you. After the money shots have been achieved, we can move into something a little more unique.
- I don’t have a ton of rules for outfits. But make sure you are comfortable. Skip the bold patterns and logos, unless it is your brand that is represented.
- Professional attire such as suits are a great option and with the 1 outfit provide so much versatility for looks. If you are not a suit fan or your industry has a different style of dressing bring that too!
- Any industry from Realtor, doctor, momtrepenuer or teacher will benefit from a professional portrait.
- Updating your headshots regularly (once a year) is a sure fire way to make sure you stay current and fresh for the every changing business world.
Whether you are starting up your own business, running a new campaign or looking to freshen up your portfolio please do not hesitate to get in touch!